The Winter Hare by Anne Mortimer
Details of The Emperor
My favourite time on Exmoor is Autumn, walking through the woods at twilight listening to the stags bolving during the rutting season. Leaving the woodland path, I picked bundles of beech leaves as inspiration for the background. I wanted to capture the strength and weathered face of the Exmoor red stag. It is - and will always remain - a wonder to watch these animals who will always spot you first.
- Painted on Arches Hot Press in acrylic, pen and ink, hand finished in gold leaf.
- Print Size: 64cm x 61cm 19" x 19.75"
- Unframed- print only
- Limited Edition Print (95)
- Individually finished in Goldleaf
- Reproduced as a Giclee Fine Art Print on 310gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Ragpaper